At first I pay the Pag-IBIG contribution by sending remittance to my family in the Philippines; later on, because of the many reasons not to ask a family member to do it for me anymore, I decided to pay the Pag-IBIG contribution online.
As of this writing, I made 13 Pag-IBIG contributions online . I am planning to buy a house and lot through Pag-IBIG loan.
So based on the following information, I decided to make a monthly contribution of Php 1,000.00 to be able to apply for a loan from Php 2M to 2.5M:
At first I intend to pay a low monthly mandatory savings, but when I checked the price of house and lot in the Philippines I was startled. I couldn’t believe how a real estate is so expensive.
So if you want to apply for a higher Pag-IBIG loan, you can refer to the table above and in the FAQ of the Home Development Mutual Fund Law of 2009 for more information.
How to Pay the Pag-IBIG Contribution Online
Now that you have decided how much to contribute, let’s get started.
- Go to the Pag-IBIG Online Payment Facility
- Enter the following data:
Membership Category: OVERSEAS
Pag-IBIG MID No. / RTN (click Verify after entering the number)
Monthly Mandatory Savings (PHP)
Period Covered (choose how many monthly contribution you want to pay)
Convenience Fee = Php 36.00 (for Php1,000.00 contribution; fees vary depending on the contribution)
Amount Due = monthly mandatory savings + convenience fee
- The PAYMENT SUMMARY is displayed. Click Submit if you don’t want to change anything
- The PESOPAY PAYMENT SERVICE page is displayed. Choose whether you want to pay with a credit or debit card.
I choose to pay with my
Amazon.ca VISAHome Trust Preferred Visa because there’s no foreign conversion fee unlike other credit cards. For all foreign transaction, either online or in person, I use the Amazon VISA.
- Enter your credit card information. I haven’t tried to pay through debit card because I want to collect points with every transaction using my credit card.
- Once the Transaction Result show the message “Your payment transaction is completed,” click Print and save a hard or soft copy (PDF). Click Continue after printing
- Print the proof of payment in the Online Payment Facility. I always save two PDF copies of the transaction (one for the pesopay and one for the final receipt)
- Click here to return on the main page or simply close the window
Check your contribution online aside from saving the soft copy of the receipt.
Isn’t it easier to pay Pag-IBIG contribution online than ask a favour to your family in the Philippines. You can also collect points (credit card) and pay on or ahead of time.
Tip: Before paying online, use XE Currency Converter to find out the current exchange rate so you can have an idea how much is the fee in Canadian dollar.
You can also watch the video of the transaction from the Pag-IBIG YouTube channel.
More Posts About Pag-IBIG
- Getting All the Pag-IBIG Housing Loan Requirements for OFW
- Why I Started Saving on Modified Pag-IBIG II (MP2)
- How OFWs Can Consolidate Pag-IBIG Contribution Online
- I Unintentionally Payed Twice Online My Pag-IBIG Contribution
- Pag-IBIG Offices Overseas
Let me know if paying online works for you. Or share other methods of paying the Pag-IBIG monthly contribution overseas.